Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
Scrap of felt
Brooch or hair clip
Needle and thread
…and the steps are super simple:
1. One zipper makes two flowers. To begin, cut the zipper stop and plastic reinforcement off the ends of the zipper. Open the zipper to divide it in half.
2. Place a dab of hot glue onto one end of the zipper, on the fabric part, and close to the teeth. Fold in cut edge; press down to secure.
3. Roll end of zipper into a very tight “bud,” securing with another dab of hot glue, and spiraling downward so teeth do not overlap each other.
4. Roll three more times, tacking down each roll with a dot of hot glue.
5. Continue rolling, making looser coils. Once the bud is about the size of a nickel, make a petal by forming a loop perpendicular to the bud; secure with hot glue.
6. Make your next petal by swirling the zipper to create a figure eight; secure with hot glue.
7. Repeat until you reach the end of the zipper. Sew a heart-shaped piece of felt to a brooch pin or hair clip. Hot glue to back of flower.